Who We Are
Welcome to Leadership Augusta
Leadership Augusta is a professional development program started more than 40 years ago with the goal of identifying and educating current and potential community leaders in the CSRA.
Leadership Augusta is a ten-month training program affiliated with the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce where more than 1,500 citizens of all ages, professions and educational backgrounds have had the opportunity each month to meet, learn and train to be informed leaders in the community.
Leadership Augusta informs and inspires existing and emerging leaders of the greater Augusta area to build a stronger community.
We recognize the power that trusted relationships between community leaders bring to the region. We believe in cultivating leaders who will build upon those relationships, collaborate across cultural and economic boundaries, and develop innovative ways for the greater metro Augusta area to thrive, socially and economically.
- Identify and educate current and emerging leaders on the region: major accomplishments, issues, and challenges.
- Build lasting relationships and networks with other leaders through collaboration across
cultural and economical boundaries.
- Share and learn innovative leadership styles, techniques, and strategies.
- Provide a resource pool of leaders for the benefit of the community.
In addition to gaining an awareness and understanding of the issues and challenges facing the region, participants in Leadership Augusta can:
- Refine their personal and public leadership style and skills.
- Develop diverse contacts and an excellent communication network.
- Receive recognition for themselves and their organization for their voluntary civic activities.
- Access better opportunities for taking an active role in addressing community needs.