Youth Leadership Augusta is a program of Leadership Augusta for juniors living or attending high school in Richmond County. The program is designed to expose, educate, and motivate potential young leaders and enable them to take an active role in their community. Through involvement in program days that will provide an assortment of experiences, students will begin to develop and establish a leadership style.
Goals & Objectives of the Program
- To Identify both emerging and existing youth leaders and assists in developing leadership skills
- To allow opportunities for interaction with community and business leaders.
- To provide program content that acquaints students with community needs, issues, and resources.
- To teach students the benefits of voluntary involvement in community service projects and engage in making the community a better place to live.
- To encourage students to take on the responsibility of being school leaders and to strive to make schools better environments for future students.
- To provide a geographically and culturally diverse group of students a forum for establishing mutual trust, respect for others, and friendships.
- To foster and develop teamwork